RFID is innovative, interesting technology, but it's also notoriously complicated and expensive to deploy. So, is it worth all of the time, cost and effort required to find true ROI from RFID? In this podcast, we explore how to assess whether your manufacturing organization will benefit from RFID -- covering some of the common use cases, typical project costs and what to consider when deciding whether RFID is a worthwhile investment for your company.
SearchManufacturingERP.com caught up with expert analyst Roy C. Wildeman of Forrester Research for a frank discussion about RFID. In this 10-minute podcast, appropriate for business and IT professionals, listeners will:
- Get a baseline for the discussion by learning more about typical RFID project costs and timelines for common manufacturing use cases
- Find out how to assess whether RFID will be worth it for your manufacturing organization -- and what to factor into your decision-making
- Hear more about how to determine whether you should prioritize RFID projects in this challenging and competitive economic climate
|Is RFID worth the time, cost and effort?|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Is RFID worth the time, cost and effort?
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Find out what to consider to determine whether RFID is right for you in this expert podcast.
About the speaker: Roy C. Wildeman is a Senior Analyst with Forrester Research serving Business Process and Applications professionals. He focuses on the concepts, techniques, and tools that enable high-performance design and manufacturing. Prior to Forrester, Roy was a manager in Accenture's SCM practice, where he led operations strategy and improvement engagements for industrial and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Learn more about Roy and Forrester Research at forrester.com.
|Read more about RFID for manufacturing|