Infor CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) is an ERP system designed for manufacturers and distributors. It covers a broad range of business activities, from selling and sourcing to production and fulfillment. Infor SyteLine is designed to automate and manage key business processes throughout the supply chain, with the goal of better matching supply with demand. It is available in the cloud or on-premises and runs on the Microsoft Windows platform.
The core functionality in Infor SyteLine includes:
- Advanced planning and scheduling that helps determine if there are sufficient materials, people, machines and tools to manufacture an item.
- Customer management, where the system manages the sales process, from lead origination and sales opportunity tracking through converting prospects to customers and placing orders.
- Product configuration, which enables customized product configurations on a customer-by-customer basis.
- Mixed mode manufacturing, which enables companies to build, manage and support processes in a make-to-stock, engineer-to-order or mixed mode manufacturing environments.
- Materials and inventory management that automates the process of calculating and monitoring inventory forecasts, safety stocks and order size to keep inventory low while avoiding shortages.
- Manufacturing process automation, which tracks and automates shop floor and warehouse operations from the time raw materials are received through product assembly and warehousing.
The current release of Infor SyteLine is v9. New enhancements available in this release include:
- Analytics capabilities for business users without IT backgrounds. Infor claims SyteLine v9 provides a “deep analytics” toolset that is user-friendly and does not require people to know which database or other technical resource the data is being pulled from. Business users can focus instead on asking the right questions and developing their own reports.
- Operational cost reduction. Standard work processes in order taking, the building of bills of materials and work routings now have enhanced automation that auto-fills many of the fields required in the online screens, reducing the time required to input information as well as the probability for human error. Documents relating to these processes can be easily attached, according to the vendor.
- Real-time visibility of production schedules across all shop floor workstations, with the ability to adjust the schedules.
- Embedded financial management, with the system automatically capturing every activity, from order taking and engineering/manufacturing and order fulfillment, to shipping and receipt of payment. Activities are consolidated directly into the financials, with the goal of reducing the time required to complete the month-end financial close.
- Regulatory and compliance enhancements designed to facilitate best practices in those areas.
As a separately priced option, Infor offers its Infor Xtreme Support program for SyteLine. It is available in three tiers. Entry-level Xtreme Support offers 24/7 online support through a portal, access to engineers, support for an unlimited number of incidents and access to software updates and feature packs. Xtreme Premium support adds 24/7 critical-incident support, and Elite Premium support provides an Elite Account Manager to oversee and prioritize incidents and patches.
Earlier this year, Infor released a new Instructor-Supported SyteLine Financial Course program that is available as a separately purchased training subscription. The new educational format combines the best features of self-paced and instructor-led training in courses for Infor CloudSuite Business, CloudSuite Industrial and SyteLine customers.
All courses are taught at a pace and time that fits clients' needs, and instructors are on hand to answer questions and assist clients on work exercises. Coursework includes studies on fixed assets management, the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and using financial reports in SyteLine v9. Infor also has a SyteLine Training Library that contains additional courses and materials.
Infor SyteLine is offered with flexible deployment and pricing options. A SyteLine on-premises system may be purchased through a traditional perpetual software licensing agreement. For organizations wishing to deploy SyteLine in the cloud, Infor also offers software as a service (SaaS) in both hosted and subscription models, including optional application managed services. Infor manages its SaaS in a multi-tenant environment.
The SaaS subscription is billed on a monthly basis at a fee of $149 per named user, and the hosted subscription is billed at $65 per named user per month. Companies that select the SaaS license option for Infor ERP SyteLine can move seamlessly between SaaS and on-premises ERP deployment, or vice versa, without risk of lock-in, according to Infor.
The SaaS option for Infor SyteLine is available through Infor's direct sales force and a network of channel partners. On-premises SyteLine is sold directly by Infor. Infor does not provide a trial of SyteLine, but does furnish an online demo.
Before implementing ERP, understand its many components
Consider these key considerations before buying ERP software
Improve your data flow with ERP consolidation
Infor CloudSuite brings a modular cloud ERP system to market