The challenges of evaluating and purchasing the right ERP platform keep growing for SMBs as well as midmarket organizations. Not only are there more ERP vendors to choose from and more ERP features and functions to decipher, but now there are new software distribution methods such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and open source options to consider as well. And for many SMBs, there's not even an IT team to guide them through the process.
This eBook offers best practices for SMBs and midmarket organizations evaluating ERP platforms and provides suggestions on how to avoid procurement pitfalls. Those who read this eBook will learn:
- How the lack of IT resources can constrain SMBs when buying ERP software
- Why the SaaS distribution method and open source software model are complicating the ERP picture
- What advice experts offer for the ERP software selection process
- The six steps to effective ERP assessment and software selection
- The 10 biggest pitfalls for SMBs implementing and deploying ERP software